Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What do you think of these popular medical treatments?

I'm just curious, what your opinion regarding the following types of medicine?Allopathy/osteopathy (Just to be clear, this is what the vast majority of doctors practice; science based medicine)ChiropracticHomeopathyNaturopathyTraditional Chinese Medicine (includes acupuncture)Faith Healing (what the hell, may as well include this)
Answer:
I believe that Homeopathy is greatly over looked. I think there are great benefits from all types of practices. If we could find a way to put them all into one. I am not sure how religious you are... If you ever read on Islam, it mentions many herbal remedies for aliments ..
I think very highly of all those listed and also Reiki, Bach Flowers, Tissue Remedies (a sort of homeopathy - its cousin so to say), aromatherapy, color therapy, crystal healing, spiritual healing.
hello. A nice question!! All the alternative methods you have quoted are effective only if indiscreminate use is avoided. Usually combination therapies work better in my experience. A well studied case from all angles and finding out a proper combination always works. but are we really Gods to offer cure to all 100% of patients?? Dr Damle
Conventional medicine is harmful
Chiropractic seems to work for some people
Homeopathy I don't know much about
Naturopathy is very good
Traditional Chinese healing is good
Faith healing-reiki is very good
I think massage therapy is good too
Also herbal medicine is good
Chiropractic (a very specific kind, the Toftness technique), has straightened out my scoliosis quite a bit--proof's in the x-rays.I was bedridden for about seven years, trying all kinds of allopathic and naturopathic modalities. What worked best for me was going to a naturopath (graduated NCNM) who was also an acupuncturist, who used a lot of homeopathy, herbs, some supplements, emotional work, and acupuncture. Acupuncture and homeopathy, especially, helped me a lot with depression and anxiety--now I rarely struggle with either. I'd been to several acupuncturists, homeopaths, and herbalists before finding a naturopath who could do it all. The combination of a lot of natural modalities is what's been really effective for me. Acupuncture was also what helped my sister stop smoking after a 20-year habit, along with some homeopathic remedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment