Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I am going to a amusement park and need a pill or something that will keep me from getting motion sickness?

i need some drug that will keep me from getting motion sickness
Answer:
If you want a natural solution to motion sickness try ginger. Either as dried/candied ginger or as tablets. Here Blackmore's brand sells them as Travel Calm. They work. My daughter who gets motion sickness, flew with out feeling queasy, using them. Ands the chemist herself recommended them after she used them for seasickness.
There are other ones available - more chemical like, the "over the counter" at the chemist, but many warn that they may cause drowsiness, and you don't want to spend the day half awake do you?***Dramamine always puts my daughter to sleep for 2 - 3 hours!
dramamine (sp?)
don't eat too much before u ride roller coasters
Dramamine.
There are OTC pills available at local drugstores. Ask the pharmacist to recommend one for you. Have a great time!
I would suggest OTC methods, such as Bonine or Dramamine. You can purchase them at any drugstore.
Try ginger capsules. They have them here http://www.pomovalleyherbs.com/index.htm... but also at Walmart and any health food store. I used them when I was pregnant and they're great! Chamomile capsules too would help, I forgot about those... you'll have to get those at a health food store if I remember correctly... Also those bracelets you wear on your pulse points really do work and they're drug free!
I get motion sickness from spinning rides! Ugh, what a feeling. Still, I love amusement parks! In any case, I tried taking Dramamine, and it worked really well, but it also made me really drowsy. I realized after about 2 hours that I was ready for a nap!Now, I avoid the really spinny rides. However, since I have kiddos that's almost impossible. I find that if I focus on something that is moving the same speed/direction I am (like one of my kids) then I don't get as ill. When I see the world spinning past me. ugh. I've actually ridden the teracups at Disneyland recently, AND I even spun the thing around as fast as possible! I just let the kids know that if I feel ill, we have to stop it.Good luck and have fun!
Ginger always works or that sea sickness pill dramine.
Dramamine will keep you from throwing up, but in my experience you still feel sick. There are these patches for sea sickness that are AMAZING.they require a prescription though.
Ginger root ....
There are patches you can get a a drug store. People who get sea sick often use them successfully.
Being you're on the Alternative Medicine group, I'd like to point out that there are some natural methods that do not involve toxic drugs. On the TV show Mythbusters, they validated that ginger pills were as effective in dealing with motion sickness as a "drug" and more effective than the little wrist bands and other gadgets.
Purchase a small box of candied ginger at a health food store. It works...but the ginger packs a tasty punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment