Saturday, August 8, 2009

What is a good way to get rid of hiccups?


Answer:
For me and my family the Homeopathic remedy Nux Vomica 30C works every time a very handy remedy to have in your house for indigestion, over eating and IBS absolutely marvelous effects and I am not a doctor. I would suggest you visit a Homeopathic Practitioner.
Viva Homeopathy nothing works better.
Drinking something cold or eating something sweet!
Holding your breath.
put ur head upside down and drink a gulp of water
Bend forward and drink a little bit of water upside down.WARNING please try withe someone else
Drink 10 small gulps of water. My friend says that it has always worked for him!
Put a packet or teaspoon of sugar on your tongue. For some reason the sugar interrupts the cycle. It works every time for us. Good Luck I hope it works for you.
the best is to drink water an hold your breath one of my friends say the best way is jumping up and down and its worked for her!
This always works. Take a brown paper bag, close up the opening of it and make a hole in the opening with one of your fingers. Then, breath in and out of the bag with your mouth for about a minute, sometimes less. Your hiccups will be gone. This works because you hiccup when you have too much oxygen in your bloodstream. Breathing your own exhaled breath decreases the oxygen in your blood. If you don't have a paper bag, you can use a small plastic bag, just as long as you are re-breathing your own breath over and over.
I like to get a big glass of water and then drink as much of it as I can without taking a breath, (so basically the whole glass) Its almost always worked for me.
Hold your breath.
Swallow.
Drink water.
I have learned as I get older that sometimes the cure is more in your head. I used to drink warm water out of a plastic cup covered with a wash cloth, so I was sipping thru the wash cloth. I now try to relax and breath slowly, as I breath slowly I notice the hiccups getting further and further apart til they are gone. You may try quirky stuff and see what works for you. I grew up with a girl whos Mom would drink baking soda water. Ick, but it worked for her.
Try swallowing a spoonful of dry sugar or tell a practical joker you have the hiccups- A good scare always works.
Get a glass of water and a straw. put the straw in the glass of water with your fingers on your ears to block them drink the water threw the straw,till all the water is gone. Then take your fingers off of your ears and breathe, they should be gone, it works for me Good Luck.Drink all the water in one breath.
drinking water
The best way is to hold your breath on your chest until you can't hold it any longer.
What has always worked for me is to hold my breath and drink two gulps of cold water or orange juice
I haven't read the other answers yet. I'm sure everyone's already mentioned this one:A spoonfull of sugar...it will make hiccups stop INSTANTLY.It really works.
to take a soft stuff to insert into your nose hole and make itching till making a sneeze or almost making sneeze
This method is very simple but it works for me every time, and for everyone I've told it to. Breath as slowly as you can without becoming faint or too uncomfortable. Breathing at this slow rate, exhale all the air in your lungs, then inhale until your lungs are full and repeat. After a minute you can stop and the hiccups will be gone.
Take in a breath until your abdomen swells out as if you are pregnant
hold the breath for around 5 seconds
let out a little breath, then hold for 2 seconds, then let out a little more, hold for 2 seconds. then let out all the rest, and as you do so.. suck in your stomach..then return to normal, slow breathing. hiccups are a spasm of the diaphragm, so you have to "reset" the flow of the diaphragm ..

1 comment:

  1. My hiccups always occur at night, don't know why.. I'll try this health tips, hope it will works for me.. :)

    Health Is Riches

    ReplyDelete