Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What can i do to treat bed bug bites?

i want to stop the itching and redness quickly.
Answer:
Hi, if you be sure that it鈥檚 not mosquitoes bites, that it bed bugs bites. So you can see the dried excrement of the bed bugs which showed up as dark spotting on the mattress, not to mention the tiny spots of blood and the smell of those spotting wasn鈥檛 either.That, does mean that you need to keep our home clean. Regular vacuuming would help. Yet another way was to remove the infested mattress and cleaning it with a steam cleaner.When there is a bed bug infestation, it is important to get rid of them fast. They mate and multiply faster than the bunnies, and can pretty soon over-run your home faster than you can run out of it.The itching and redness quickly to stop... commercial products such as StingEze, calamine lotion, etc., will numb the area for a while. Or for an organic bed bug bites treatment, a thick paste of baking soda and water, or bleach and water, can reduce the pain and itching.Spraying a topical (cortisone) or taking a systemic (oral) antihistamine (like Benadryl) will help prevent allergic reactions and swelling.
Jason Homan
Treating bed bugs you would have to first clean your entire house using a VACCUUM.. as for your bites shower then rub some antibiotics cream before going to bed.
Thoroughly clean the infested rooms as well as others in the residence. Scrub infested surfaces with a stiff brush to dislodge eggs, and use a powerful vacuum to remove bed bugs from cracks and crevices. Dismantling bed frames will expose additional bug hiding sites. Remove drawers from desks and dressers and turn furniture over, if possible, to inspect and clean all hiding spots. Mattresses and box springs can be permanently encased within special mattress bags. Once they are installed, inspect the bags to ensure they are undamaged; if any holes or tears are found, seal these completely with permanent tape. Any bugs trapped within these sealed bags will eventually die. To prevent bed bugs from crawling onto a bed, pull the bed frame away from the wall, tuck sheets and blankets so they won鈥檛 contact the floor, and place the frame legs into dishes or cups of mineral oil. Caulk and seal all holes where pipes and wires penetrate walls and floor, and fill cracks around baseboards and cove moldings to further reduce harborages. If you own your residence, we suggest you contact a licensed pest control operator who is knowledgeable and experienced in managing bed bug infestations. Ask the pest control company for references, and ask at least a few of their customers about their experiences before you agree to any contract.Be these are bed bug that are getting you though and not fleas.
Use Caladryl...it's a pink liquid...you can get it at any grocery or drug store...it's great for chicken pox too! Blot some on the affected areas with a cotton ball to stop the itching and irritation.Here's what it looks like:http://www.pfizerch.com/brand.aspx?id=28...
Your kindly mistaken, as are these others i am reading regarding "bed bugs". Bed bugs DON'T BITE! They are microscopic creatures that you cannot see with the naked eye! Let alone give you bites that you would get sores like this from. No, i dare say you have "something" else... like " PESTS" and REAL BUGS and need to get an exterminator out to your home to investigate darling or take a flashlight and look around your floor boards and windows for spiders and such. You can spray around the place yourself if needed with bug spray. When your mom told you " goodnight sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite"? She was JOKING!!To treat the bites, treat them as you would any bite, spray some Bactine on it or wash it out with soap and water and put a band aide on it.
puh, Bed Bugs DO bite, rather suck on humans. You have been misinformed. Its been in the news a lot lately, you should tune in to the real world. Go to a drug store and ask the pharmacist there. They can help you find the best anti-itch stuff for your skin type.
uhh, clean your house? gross
and puh! you are an IDIOT and you are so wrong, bed bugs do bite, and although they are small, they are certainly not microscopic, and you CAN see them- dumbass
the signs of bed bugs are small blood stains on the bed linens (pin prick size). The thorough cleaning outlined by a previous responder was excellent!!Oh! and ewwwwwwwwwwwwww..
you can try.. bleach. it stops ant bites almost instantly and lasts for awhile. just becareful to keep you bleach treated spot away from good furniture and clothes. if you sweat or get water on it.. and it drips... it will ruin whatever it touches. now . pull off all your sheets and either throw them away or wash them in the hottest water you can many times with some bleach. spray lice killer and lysol spray your whole bed .. thoroughly. im not sure if you can even get rid of them but you can try.
Bed bugs are probably the worst thing I've ever had to deal with. Make sure you clean the infested area well, vaccuming linens and washing the area is the first step. Second, get bug spray...at your local grocery store they should have aerosol sprays for bug infestations that you spray around the perimeter of your house and rooms inside. Caring for the bug bites takes time. It's like a normal bug or mosquito bite. Using the same ointment that people do for chicken pox or mosquito bites. Calomine lotion works well for this. I prefer using the Benedryl stick. It's a stick with benedryl liquid inside...and a sponge applicator. This is usefull to carry around in your purse during the summer.
Goodluck

2 comments:

  1. I am in the process of getting rid of these little shits. I have two children and go to school full time. I do my best to keep the house clean but because they were on my box spring I never noticed. I have never had them before and I always thought they were supposed to be on the mattress. The over the counter bug sprays will not kill bed bugs, and the only method I have heard (other than professional) is to spray the infected areas down with kerosene. Advice from my grandmother, but I am calling a professional anyway because I don't want to take the chance of harming my children around that much kerosene. My dryer has been going all day on the hottest setting I can get it on, and hopefully that will help some. I believe a bedbug dropped off of someones clothes while they were at my house, because I never had a problem before that. Either that or they were already in my house when I moved in. According to Orkin Pest Control they can live up to a year without a host and remain alive. Maybe the hot weather and my bed being up against the wall triggered them to hatch if that is the case. When it was against the other wall I didn't have this problem. I scrapped off what I could into a plastic bad before throwing the mattress and box spring out side. Trying to keep them from coming off on its way out. Now the only trouble is getting them out of the rest of the house. They have hitched a ride on either my husband, myself, one of our two children, or the dog and started into the kids room. I have been vaccumming constantly hoping it will help, and continuously spraying things down with alcohol. Supposedly the professional spray is alcohol based, so I am hoping it works, atleast until a guy can get out here tomorrow to price the treatment. What I wondered is how to get rid of them when you cannot afford a professional? Bedbugs can live up to a year with out biting, and can with stand temperatures up to 130 degree F. If anyone has any ideas please contact me at samnleah9@aol.com and the other reason I wasn't sure I had bed bugs is because the places they leave look more like a rash instead of bites. I thought I was getting allergic to something I used to clean with. Now I know different. By the way just because a person has these pests it is not like roaches and does not mean they do not keep their house clean. They can come from anywhere and anything. At times people can buy furniture and they are already present but not known, like the one I just killed on my desk. When the blood they drank is old it smells bad when you mash them.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. Keep sharing such informative things on your blog. Anyway, I too was in need of DIY methods to remove bed bugs and found a lot of methods. I tried heat treatment for bed bugs and it worked. Glad that I was able to remove them in very first attempt.

    ReplyDelete