Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What do massage therapists think about whe they give a massage?

Do they ever crush on their client?
Answer:
i start mostly with the thoughts of giving a good massage and focusing on giving the right pressure and all and then my mind wanders to day to day things like just anybody will think. u naturally forget abt the body infront of you,its not the first,second or the third time u touch someone so its always the same.
They think about doing their job correctly and giving a good massage. If they develop a crush on a client it would be no different than a co-worker or a doctor or dentist develping a crush on his patient etc.
They probably think; "I can't believe this person is paying me $80/hr to do this. Most people at this pay rate are doctors and lawyers. I knew dropping out of high school was a good idea"
same thing most people think about at work while their mind wanders..what's for dinner, bills to pay, what someone said to them earlier, how tired they are, etc.
But luckily our hands get to do a lot of the thinking and feeling as we massage the tissues and try to relieve some stress and tension in our clients.
I generally try to give my client caring, nurturing touch, and positive, relaxing vibes.
I have been a massage therapist since 2000, and when I am working, I concentrate on what I am doing and get into a "zone".

No comments:

Post a Comment