Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I am 9 months pregnant and due on saturday.How can I get my labor started and cervix to soften and diliate?

My doctor says I am having really good contractions,but my cervix is still really high and it hasn't softened yet.I need help!I cant take it much more.
Answer:
Have sex, if you can. Human sperm contains a high amount of prostaglandin, a hormone-like substance which ripens the cervix and helps labor start.
up and down steps-carefully though-walk alot- and the oldest one of all is to have sex(im sure your not up to it)they say it works though-good luck
Please don't follow any of the nonsensical advice you might get on this forum. Your body will do what its supposed to do,when the time is right. Babies have their own schedule,and answer to no one,not you or the MD.The safest thing to do is relax,and rest as much as possible.Getting stressed and up tight will only aggravate your situation.Please don't put your baby at risk,doing anything to hurry things up,like any tonics or laxatives etc. Walking is a safe way to get things going.Do not have sex,unless the MD say's its OK,you take a chance of inducing infection in the vagina,causing problems for you and the baby. Take care. SW RNP
My friend took two tablespoons of cod liver oil, her baby was born 8 hours later.Sex helped my cervix to soften with my first child. Also, lots, no, TONS of walking.Gets tons of sleep now, you won't have any in the next couple of days. :-) LOL!
Walk, Walk, Walk, Walk..did I mention walk. If you have a lot of guts you could also drink Castor oil, it might make you throw up though. Also have sex they say that helps.
Looks like sex and castor oil are the ones with the best reputations although I'm not sure if any have been seriously studied. See article links below.Good luck and congratulations

No comments:

Post a Comment