Tuesday, August 4, 2009

How to get rid of a sore throat...??

I have had the WORSE sore throat since last thursday and its killing me. I'm running on little energy since I'm getting practically no sleep. I have tried tea, tbs of honey, ice cream, soup, throat spray, reg. pills such as tylenol, and taking long showers and none of it is even touching. My voice is even going! Any suggestions? Please help the suffering!!T/U!!
Answer:
Get some more powerful stuff from the doctor. You might have a bacterial infection if it's really severe so you might as well see and take antibiotics if it is, so you can start getting better.
If you think it's a cold coming on, try Zicam. If it's more serious, maybe it's strep? See a doctor.
Have you tired gargling with warm salt water several times a day yet? That is one that will give you some relief. By the way, is your throat burning as though it is on fire, I mean feel like there is a fire on the inside of your throat? If so I had that last summer, it hurts like ****. If it does, I know what I had and what I had to do to get rid of it.Ok I did some leg work for you here. This is what I had, look it up on your computer and see if this is what it is that you have. It is called Pharyngitis. If so, I know how bad you are hurting. I was crying with mine, I am 50. I was put on an antibiotic to kill the infection and also codeine for the pain. I didn't have energy worth a flip. Good luck.
Put a drop of tea tree oil on each side in the back of your throat. Hope it helps.
Stay well,
Purplume
Try herbal lozenges which can be purchased at walmart, kmart, any drug store. They help plus have zinc, vitamin c, and echinacea.
Run a humidifier or vaporizer in your bedroom at night.
Also, drink regular old Red Rose or Lipton tea. It has tannic acid which cuts sore throat pain.
You can gargle with warm salt water.
Chew, gargle with %26 swallow a zinc tablet. It'll taste bitter, but it's effective.
Eat, %26 take some Motrin or Aspirin.
really good suggestions from previous posts... the salt water gargle is great! If it persists though, go to the doctor... you may have strep which is serious.. also.. you can try tis remedy... doesn't taste really good.. but it works. buy some BC powder...and dilute in in about a tablespoon of water.and drink it down..
I had a horrible sore throat for a week and when I was looking up home remedies online, one thing several sites recommended was gargling with Cayenne pepper. I didn't try it as I was on antibiotics and mine cleared up thankfully, but it was recommended on some of the sites I visited as a remedy. Just put a few shakes (not too much) of the pepper into warm water, and gargle with it. Also have ice water or cold milk on hand because it burns the tounge. Not sure if it works, but it's worth a try if nothing else helps. Good luck hun, I feel your pain. My sore throat was horrible and I never want to deal with that again. Also when you get over your sore throat remember to throw out your old toothbrush and get a new one. Definitely don't want it to come back. Hang in there!
Grapefruit seed extract drops in water. Gargle and then swollow it. It works so great you will not believe it. Keep doing it for a few days even after your sore throat goes away. Tastes nasty but gets rid of the redness, pain and those white spots you can get if you have an infection.
gargle warm salt water about three times a day! sounds weird but it really works. that is what the older generation done. and us kids hardly ever went more than a day with sore throats.
When I feel a sore throat coming on I gargle with water mixed with hydrogen peroxide. Works like a charm every time.
If you get this product it will last you for years and you only take it when you get any type of sore throat infection. 150 pills come in a bottle and it only takes a few pills to wipe out a sore throat or throat infection.http://www.coffeewineandgifts.com/cure-s...You'll only need 1 bottle for about 5-7 years.
gargle is the best remedy
Take one glass of water mix it with1tsp pepper, 1tsp turmeric, 1tsp garlic, 1tsp small onion, 1tsp ginger and 1tsp of sugar. Boil it until it becomes 1/2 glass; drink it while it is warm. More remedies available at http://ailments.in/sorethroat.html...

No comments:

Post a Comment