Saturday, August 8, 2009

What herb(s) would help with a hormonal imbalance?

I'm wanting to avoid going to a dr. as much as I can so I'm wanting to know any kind of herbs that are good for balancing hormones for a woman. And are Saw Palmetto, and Black Cohosh good for it? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Answer:
Evening Primrose Oil or Agnus Castus. Saw Palmetto is more for prostate trouble and black cohosh is reported not to be of benefit for menopausal symptoms and should carry a warning. Agnus Castus is known as 'the women's friend'. The extract acts on the pituitary gland to balance hormonal fluctuations, so is helpful in the treatment of a wide range of disorders, inlcuding PMS, painful periods, menopause (particularly the relief of hot flushes), polycystic ovaries and some other causes of infertility,and loss of libido. It is also effective in stimulating lactation in nursing mothers.
Meno Cream is THE best, and I have tried a lot of different herbs.
http://www.walgreens.com/search/search_r...Contains wild yams derivatives, grapefruit seed extract, omega threes, and vitamin E.The FDA made them change their packaging and said they could not advertise that this helps menopause and pre-menopause symtoms. It is great. I cannot live without this cream. You just use a dab on the wrists and it is absorbed into the bloodstream.
Red Clover and Wild Yam.
Wild Yam, Red Clover, Damiana, Soy isoflavones
To recommend and herbal remedy I would first need to know more details.. What is the particular hormonal problem and other conditions that may exist.. there are some Essential oils that mimic hormonal activity and can be quite useful, such as Clary Sage.. but please keep in mind that
as women age, their levels of progesterone decline and contribute to osteoporosis,increased risk of breast and uterine cancers, mood swings, depression, and many other conditions. Estrogen levels can also decline and increase women's risk of heart disease. Replacing these declining levels using topically applied progesterone ore pregnenolone creams may be the most effective way to replace and boost declining hormone levels. Pregnenolone may be especially effective, as it is the precursor hormone from which the body creates both progesterone and estrogens..
You should think about going to an experienced and qualified herbalist; that way you will get the herbs that are specific to your hormone imbalance.
a combination of black cohosh, red clover, soy isoflavones... must be in a good dosage. My friend took women's choice from herbalife and the husband loved it because she is no longer irritable...etc. You can get them through me because i am a distributor. (this is not a scam... read the truth at www.herbalife.com)
There's one product that is quite effective. It's a cream called Pro-gest. It helps balance your body and can calm your moods and help ease your monthly changes.
I know it's not an herb but it is a natural remedy.
The company that makes it is Emerita.
I tried all the other things the others are talking about and none of them helped. Pro-gest worked the first time I used it. Then I told my friends about it and they tried it and now they all use it.
And I only use 1/4 tsp. a day so it's really very cost effective.
Black Cohosh is great for menopausal symptoms or hormonal imbalance that causes you to have hot flashes, night sweats, irritability, sleeplessness. Estroven is sold over the counter, it is a blend of herbs, with black cohosh being one. Estrablend, is the Walmart version.
Take ayurvedic tablet Shatavari 2-0-2 with milk.
What hormones are out of balance for you? Black Cohosh was prescribed by my nathuropathic doc for my mom's low estrogen. My body stopped making it's own hormones so I am on 5 bio-identical NATURAL hormones and other supps. One supp that chilled my mood was 5-HTP..I take 100 mg 2x per day. Low progesterone is my main problem.I would REALLY encourage you to call herb shops in your area. I did an evaluation with them and found out I had some severe defieciencies, which they gave me supps for.
Cordycep Sinensis. It is a kind of fungi used at least 2000 years ago by the Chinese. It has many medicinal properties such as, balances hormones thus stablising emotions, improve lungs and heart functions,strengthens male and female reproductive organs, increases sperm count, anti oxidant effect, improves pineal glands function thus improving memory. It also helps to prevent breast n uterus cancer which is caused by imbalance of hormones. I am a gano consultant and I combine Cordycep with Gano in my treatment. The herbs I use is cultured in Malaysia and distributed in 85 countries.
i dont have an answer but i thought you'd like to know that i am experiencing the same thing. major anxiety/mood issues and i know its my hormones cause my hair and skin are really bad and i havent had a period in over a year. just stopped taking birth control cause someone said that was what was causing the imbalance but so far (only a week off it) no changes...good luck to both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment