Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What do you guys think about adderrall?


Answer:
My then 7 yr old was on it for awhile and it wasn't a good fit for him. He was never hungry, and had a horrible time sleeping (he would be awake until 2 in the morning sometimes). We switched him to Straterra, and it is much better for him. He's eating and sleeping great, and it doesn't stunt growth.
My husband takes Adderrall, and he has a hard time falling asleep sometimes, and he doesn't eat while it's in his system. It helps his concentration a lot, though.
i have 2 son's who were on adderall. it worked great fr them.
Adderall can be a very good medication. My daughter takes it and does great on it. My nephew however did not do good on it. One medication does not fit everyone. If your doctor think Adderall may work for you (or your child) try it, but do not be afraid to speak up if it does not work for you. My daughter tried Concerta first and she didn't eat at all. Best of luck.
Adderall is great. I can take 5-10 mg of it and not feel like I'm on a drug but will just have more energy, focus, confidence. When I first started teaching I took 5 mg of it before lecturing and it made it so much easier. It can be abused but because it's a combination of drugs which complement each other you don't get horrible crashes from it which you might from other stimulants. I personally don't like the time release version so if I get that I just crush up the little balls and swallow that. It makes you feel great but not TOO great. If I used it every day I'd be super productive.
I wish that parents would check out the alternatives to drugs before they decide that medication is the best option for their children. There are often underlying causes of ADD and ADHD that are entirely treatable without the meds. But the parents, who honestly believe they are doing what's best for their kids, run out to fill prescriptions for their children. And so the kids wind up having to take drugs to mask their symptoms, when they could instead be treating and eliminating the causes of their problems.
I have been on adderall for quite some time. Actually my doc thought I had either ADD or I was bipolar. How weird. He wanted me to try Ridilon, but I had heard way too many bad things about it. I personally thought I had ADD, due to the fact that I have never been depressed in my life and that was the only thing missing from the bipolar syndrome. We talked for about an hour and decided to go with the Adderall for ADD. He started off at 10mg once time per day. My doc and I decided that I should up the dose to 10mg twice a day. I take one when I wake up and another before lunch. We had talked thouroughly about the effect it would have on my sleep. If I was taking time released tablets, they stay in your system from anywhere to 12-24 hours which can effect sleep. Regular Adderall pills are only suposed to stay in your system for an 8 hour period. I tend to notice it's more like 9. The only time I feel big time effects from it is when I drink coffee, due to the fact that they both are intended to speed you up. I have noticed an tremendous difference in everything in my life since I've been on this pill. I am more focused on everything, I am more organized, I have noticed that I am not working as much overtime because I am not being distracted by anything anymore at work, I am in a far better mood, I don't over-react with things anymore, all in all I am just a better person when I'm on it.Also, to add to what I as speaking of before about the ADD and Bipolar syndrome. My doctor actually referred me to a psychotherpist to get tested for ADD. When I was tested this is where he mentioned the bipolar. He told me that a lot of physicians mix the two due to the fact that s many symptoms are alike (minus the depression for ADD). I was amazed to hear this! Talk with your doctor very accurately and make sure you let them know every little thing. Don't be afraid to ask every question in your head, in fact write them all down and take them with you so you don't forget anything, that is what they are there for. I highly recommend going to a psychotherepist though, family doctor's are tending not to give these prescriptions out as much due to the fact that they are pretty addictive and highly abused. If you have any other questions, feel free to write me and ask. I know a lot about this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment